Mosquitoes have the single-handed ability to cause havoc among human beings, with their bites causing diseases like malaria, dengue, west nile virus and much more. While it’s only the female Anopheles and Aedes mosquitoes that spread such diseases, it’s best to keep all mosquitoes away. Knowing the best methods of mosquito prevention can never hurt, especially if living in India during the monsoon season.
Since mosquitoes breed in stagnant water, mosquitoes are most active now in the months between July to October. There’s so much water lying around since we have the rainy season upon us. They have the best chance of growing their families now. On the other hand, preventing mosquito bites is our lookout. Keep reading for our simplest and easiest to follow mosquito prevention guide…
Mosquito prevention 101
1) Maintain a clean and dry home: Unclogging your homes is the first step towards preventing mosquitoes. They love wet, cool and moist areas which accelerate breeding, so make sure you don’t provide the ideal homes for them.
2) Use repellent: If at home, use liquid mosquito repellents which you can plug into the walls and switch on. If travelling or outdoors, make sure you have enough stock of mosquito repellent creams and/or sprays. Citronella and DEET are said to be the most effective mosquito repellent compounds, with the former allowing up to 3 hours of protection from mosquitoes.
3) Wear appropriate clothing: If going outdoors, make sure you have ankle-length trousers and long sleeve t-shirts or shirts. Do not wander around with excessive skin exposed because you’re making yourself susceptible to mosquito-related diseases.
4) Use nets: Make sure you invest in high-quality netting at home. While doors and windows can stay open, these nets will ensure the mosquitoes don’t come in, while allowing air ventilation too. However, pick high-quality only as cheap quality nets may start wilting soon.
5) Lemon and cloves: This is probably the easiest DIY method for mosquitoes ever. All you have to do is cut a lemon and stick some cloves in it. Voila! This will keep mosquitoes away as well as flies. Also, you can say bye to the dengue virus as well. Such natural methods are preferred as there are no harsh chemicals involved.
6) Garlic solution: Another fairly simple home method in our guide to mosquito prevention. Here, all you need to do is crush a few cloves of garlic. Then, boil this crushed garlic with water and pour the solution into a spray bottle. The solution can help keep mosquitoes away for a few hours.
As you can see above, all these are tried and tested methods of mosquito prevention. However, keeping mosquitoes at bay for one night shouldn’t be your goal. You should keep them away 24×7, and look to eradicate this mosquito problem altogether. For this, you should look at professional methods of keeping mosquitoes away.
HiCare’s Mosquito Control
There are multiple reasons why one should select HiCare for mosquito treatment at home. Firstly, we’ve grown to become India’s most trusted pest control and home hygiene brand. Secondly, the ease of access is what makes us so popular among homeowners across the country. To book a mosquito service, all you need to do is call 8828333888 or book a service from our website. Alternatively, saying, “Alexa, Open HiCare” to your Echo Dot device can help you begin the process too.
A major factor for selecting a service in India is cost-effectiveness. Here, the mosquito control service begins at only INR 1,395 for a single service of a 1-room kitchen apartment. The 3-step process kills existing mosquitoes, disallows breeding and also stops the entry of new mosquitoes. Order a service today!