Monsoon season can give you a nightmare if a group of pesky pests invade your home. Check out the causes and ways to control monsoon pests effectively.
Many of us may spend the rainy season relaxing with a cup of tea and some freshly prepared snacks. On the other hand, many people only notice pests and insects invading their homes during this time of year. Pest activity increases during the monsoon because of the warm and humid climate. As a result, it’s critical to hire the best pest control service before the season begins.
While taking safeguards by employing expert pest management services remains the best option, there are a few other options. However, first, let’s look at the causes of increased pest activity during the monsoon season, as well as the most prevalent pests that hatch at this time. You can plan your pest treatment properly after you know which pests are likely to breed over the season.
As mentioned above, the main cause of increased pest infestation during the rainy season is the humid and warm climate. So, moving forward, here is a list of featuring the most common pests breeding during the season:
For shelter: Ants, Mice, and Rats
To breed quickly: Termites, Cockroaches, and Mosquitoes
The most common hide spots for these pests in your home could be:
- Artificial ceilings
- Food storage spaces such as kitchen cupboards have stagnant water in and around them.
- Bins for waste disposal, rooms, and regions
- Any warm, moist, or difficult-to-reach regions
- Drainage and floor drains that are clogged
- Water in pots, cans, vases, water collection trays, and abandoned materials such as tyres, paper or plastic cups, coconut shells, and so on.
Maintaining the cleanliness of the surface is easier, but inspecting the hard-to-reach surfaces could be a bit tricky. Hence, choosing a timely pest control service during this season is the best option. Talking about the simple tricks and tips you can try to keep these pests at bay area:
If there is any stagnant water, remove it
Many harmful pests, especially mosquitoes, are attracted to stagnant water. These mosquitoes are known to transmit diseases, including malaria and dengue fever. Always keep an eye out for stagnant water near your home or garden and eliminate it as soon as possible before it attracts bugs.
Remove the litter
To keep your home pest-free, clean out the waste in and around it. Garbage attracts a variety of pests, including rodents, therefore it is critical to maintaining the environment clean, especially during the rainy season. Dirty places attract not only rodents but also a variety of other dangerous pests.
Place camphor in cupboards
Camphor is a naturally occurring bug repellent. During the monsoon, everything appears to be wet and moist. Keeping camphor in the cupboards would be an efficient way to keep bugs away from your garments during this season. Also, never store damp garments in the cupboards; instead, dry them entirely before storing them.
Maintain a clean and dry bathroom.
Pests such as cockroaches, mosquitoes, and other insects thrive in wet bathrooms. Therefore, it is critical to maintaining them dry at all times to avoid a large pest infestation. After each use, you should clean and dry the bathroom. To combat the unusually unpleasant odor in the restroom, consider utilizing an exhaust fan. The dry bathroom is also suitable for children and the elderly.
Declutter your home
Pests thrive in a congested environment. Unwanted cardboard cartons and newspapers should be discarded. Reorganize your home, especially the kitchen, and store food in airtight containers. Give your pets (if you have any) a regular bath and remember to collect their waste as soon as possible.
Well, these tips are only going to help you maintain the cleanliness of your home. Thus, it is essential that you opt for a pest control service and let the professionals cover all the possible causes that can encourage the breeding of pests in your home. As the most common pests and insects to attack your home during the monsoon season are cockroaches, mosquitoes, and rats, HiCare has a scientifically designed pest treatment for each type of pest.
With that being said, take a peek into the key features of HiCare’s 4D Cockroach Treatment, 3X Mosquito Control Plan, and Rodent Control Plan:
4D Cockroach Treatment:
- It is India’s first comprehensive cockroach treatment.
- The treatment includes a patented technology enzyme based Drain Clean powder to clean kitchen drains in every service.
- Under the treatment, the subscribers get a year-long supply of 100% biodegradable bin bags that repel cockroaches from the bin area because of their mint fragrance.
- The ant treatment comes as a complimentary pest treatment.
- The service is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3X Mosquito Control:
- The service promises to keep your home mosquito-free, even when the windows are open.
- We use 4 times fewer chemicals than ordinary pest management services do.
- With one service, you can prevent mosquitoes for 90 days.
- Just like 4D Cockroach Treatment, this mosquito control plan of HiCare is also backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Our technician conducts a thorough inspection of the premises to identify the hideouts.
- The package includes three services throughout the year without any extra fee.
- We use industry-approved and heavy-duty glue boards to obtain a 100% success rate almost instantly.
Apart from the above-stated features, the additional benefit you enjoy by partnering with us are:
- Our experts are well-trained and have the required knowledge to deal with pests.
- They are equipped with industry-grade tools and machinery for various pest management services provided by us.
- They strictly follow the Covid-19 appropriate behavior, including wearing face masks and shields, hand gloves, and shoe covers.
- We offer an extra 5% discount on online payments.
There is an old saying that goes – Precaution is always better than the cure. You may assume that the most these pests can do is irritate you, however, the truth is, they can invite a health hazard for you. Thus, take the necessary step and join hands with HiCare to keep them away from your loved ones during this monsoon season (and forever).