What Is The Best Non-Toxic Way To Control Termites?
Although termites are helpful in making the soil fertile and to balance the ecological system, these same termites can be dangerous when in our homes. Because these creatures feed on wood, it compromises the strength and durability of the furniture. Though not only wood structures are in danger of getting infested by termites, but also other materials such as plaster, metal siding, and more. They also feed on cabinets, floors ceilings, etc. Sometimes, people use chemicals that are readily available in the market to get rid of these pests. But those chemicals are harmful to us as they directly affect our health. So what can a common man do to get rid of these pests? In this article, we discuss how to get rid of termites without chemicals.
How To Get Rid Of Termites Without Chemicals?
There are various ways to protect your home without using chemicals. , Some are listed below:
- Nematodes- These are one of the best non-toxic ways to control termites because these creatures love to eat termites. If you feel there are some termites in a particular area, these creatures can get the job done for you.
- Vinegar- It is one of the most commonly used cleansing agents in the house, and we found another way to use this all-rounder: to control termites. It is one of the cheapest termite control methods. e Just mix half cup of a lemon juice with it, and you have got the best termite killer. Fill up a spray bottle with the mixture and spray it on the affected areas. This needs to be repeated frequently for a few days to bring the infestation under control.
- Sunlight- Another effective way to get rid of termites is sunlight. Because these termites hate sunlight and heat, you can keep the infected furniture in the sunlight for a few hours to get rid of the termites.
- Borates- It is sold in the market in the name of Borax powder, and it is one of the best non-toxic ways to control termites. Just like vinegar, mix the borax powder with water and spray onto the colony of termites. The mixture is only effective when continued for a period of time. Doing so will lessen the chances of reinfestation.
- Neem Oil- Though it has an odd smell but is non-toxic and safe to use. The reason why it is effective is that it is a natural growth regulator, i.e. it stops the growth of the termites. So just apply it on the infected area and let it work its magic.
- Wet Cardboard- One of the ways is to take out the termites is to give them what they love to eat, i.e. wet cardboard. Keep it on the infected furniture and wait till the termites come onto it. Take the termite-ridden cardboard and burn it to kill the termites.
If you do not find any of the above-mentioned solutions effective, then there are always companies providing termite control services which are chemical-free and non-toxic. Though if you do not want to do these tasks and you feel lazy about doing it, you also want to do it organically. So, we have good news for you, there is a company called Hicare in India which provides herbal disinfection services, and it is one of the first companies in India to provide herbal termite pest control services in India. Hicare in India provides high quality, chemical and toxin-free pest control services all over the country. If you want their services for termite or any other pest control, reach out to them on this number: 08046809272.