The methods of pest control have been improvised over the years on the demand of the customers. One of the most common problems these days, faced by people living in homes with balconies and windows, is that of intruding birds. They want an easy and effective way to prevent these birds from scattering their droppings and feathers here and there on their balconies and windows. Installing Bird netting is one such recommended trick to repel birds or pigeons from the open spaces of your house.
The only condition to get full advantage out of a bird net installation is that it should be properly installed. So, if you too are considering getting an anti-bird net installation in your home, here are the dos and don’ts of bird netting for your reference.
Also Read: What is the benefit of anti-bird net
|Table of Contents
Why Install Bird or Pigeon Netting on Balcony?
The ultimate benefit of an anti-bird netting installation is to keep the birds away from entering your windows and balconies. It is the most common trick chosen by many homeowners to keep birds away from flying into their windows and balconies. If installed properly, bird netting can help prevent the entrance of these unwanted flying creatures into the open spaces of your home.
Dos of Bird / Pigeon Net for Balcony Installation
For the desired results to repel birds from your windows and balconies, it is important to be aware of the dos of anti-bird netting installation:
- Do Research Well About the Types of Bird Nettings: This goes true not just to install a bird netting but for any other installation. You must spend some time researching the different types of bird nettings available in the market. There are several types of bird nets, varying in terms of color, durability, and size of the mesh. Pick the one that meets your requirement.
- Do Get Inside Access while Installing a Bird Net: Pigeon net for balcony installation needs proper planning. Make sure to get inside access while installing the bird net. There should be sufficient space for you to gain access outside the net with your hand. The purpose here is to access from inside, to take care of the plants outside, or to manage something outside the net by allowing your hand to pass through an access hole.
- Do Minimize the Tangles and Keep Things Organized: When trying to install a bird net on your balcony yourself, make sure to stay organized. Keep things in order and within reach to install the net better. Take someone’s help to hold the net to stretch it fully to the corners for a proper pigeon net installation. It would help minimize the chances of the net tangling.
Don’ts of Anti-Bird Net Installation
Having understood all about the do’s of bird netting installation, it’s time to also learn about some of the don’ts for the same:
- Don’t Go for a Bird Net Installation on a Windy Day: Being lightweight, it’d be next to impossible to install bird nets properly on a windy day. So, avoid installing bird netting on a windy day as chances are that the net would get entangled and messy to manage for a proper fixture.
- Don’t Consider All Bird Nettings are the Same: Secondly, do not consider that all kinds of bird nettings are the same. There are different types of net birds that are available in the market. The trick here should be to determine which type of birds try to enter your property and what type of property you want to protect from the birds.
- Don’t Expect a Permanent Fixture of the Anti-Bird Netting: When opting for a bird net for balcony, do not have high hopes. It is a temporary solution to the problem of birds entering your open spaces. Bird netting doesn’t offer a permanent fixture as it is bound to get holes, damage, and slip from the place after some time. Regular maintenance from a bird netting service provider is the key to keeping it in place to serve its purpose.
8 Things to Keep in Mind When Installing a Bird Net in your house
Besides the above-mentioned dos and don’ts of bird netting, one must be aware of the following important things too:
- Identify Target Areas: Walk around your property and identify areas where birds are causing problems. Look for signs of bird droppings, nesting materials, or bird activity. Common problem areas include ledges, eaves, vents, balconies, and rooflines. By pinpointing these areas, you can focus your bird netting installation efforts where they are most needed.
- Size of the Mesh: Choosing the right size of your bird net mesh is crucial to serving its purpose. Remember that the larger the size of the mesh, the larger would be the holes in the bird net. Moreover, a mesh with larger holes is lightweight, can withstand wind pressure, and is more affordable. To prevent larger birds, go for larger mesh size.
- Material of the Bird Net: Also pay attention to the material used in the bird net. Since the net would stay there all day long, it needs to withstand sunny, rainy, and windy days alike. For this purpose, choose a UV-protected polypropylene bird net. It will be durable and long-lasting. In short, always go for a heavy-duty bird net material for more durability.
- Types of Bird Netting: Next, consider the type of bird netting that should serve your purpose. After all, you intend to install it with the purpose of repealing some specific types of birds that are entering and spoiling the beauty of your home. The most common types of bird nets are either in white or black color. Renowned bird netting service providers like HiCare offer pigeon nets for balconies, measuring 2×2 inches square gaps, to provide an effective pigeon menace solution. Then there is sparrow netting, measuring 1×1 inch square gaps, to repel sparrows and other smaller birds.
- Netting Size: The size of the netting mesh determines what can pass through. Measure the smallest bird species you want to keep out and select netting with a mesh size smaller than that. For example, if you’re dealing with pigeons, select netting with a mesh size that prevents pigeons from fitting through.
- Proper Installation: Proper installation is crucial to the effectiveness of bird netting. Ensure that the netting is taut and securely attached to the structure. Use appropriate fasteners like screws, clips, or hooks to keep the netting in place. Avoid leaving gaps or loose sections where birds might find entry points.
- Secure Attachment: Birds can be persistent in trying to access their nesting spots. Use hardware designed for bird netting installation, such as net clips or zip ties, to securely attach the netting to the structure. This prevents birds from dislodging or pulling down the netting.
- Regular Maintenance: Over time, bird netting can become damaged due to weather, UV exposure, or bird activity. Establish a regular maintenance schedule to inspect the netting for any tears, holes, or loose sections. Replace damaged portions promptly to maintain the integrity of the barrier.
Also Read: Solution of pigeon menace
Whether it is your concern about how to install bird netting on balcony or your requirement to get a bird net installed on your balcony, HiCare is happy to help you. With a presence in over 20 cities across India, HiCare offers affordable bird netting installation costs for installing HDPE or High-Density Polyethylene UV-resistant GARWARE bird nets. The bird netting service offered by HiCare comes with a full 3-year warranty. You may choose sparrow or pigeon netting to keep the respective birds away from your balconies and windows. So if you don’t want to take a chance and want a perfect bird netting installation that works, go for bird netting services from HiCare.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
1. How do you install bird netting in a house?
Installing bird netting involves a few steps:
Measure the area: Determine the dimensions of the area you want to cover with the netting.
Choose the netting: Select a suitable bird netting material based on the type of birds you want to deter.
Secure anchor points: Install hooks, brackets, or other anchor points along the edges of the area.
Attach the netting: Gently drape the netting over the anchor points and secure it using cable ties or clips.
Ensure tension: Keep the netting taut to prevent birds from getting entangled.
2. Is pigeon netting good for a home?
Yes, pigeon netting can be an effective solution for preventing pigeons and other birds from roosting or nesting in your home. Pigeon netting is designed to be durable, UV-resistant, and a humane way to discourage birds without harming them.
3. Should I use bird netting?
Using bird netting is recommended if you're facing issues with birds nesting, roosting, or causing damage to your property. Bird netting is a humane and environmentally friendly method to deter birds and protect your home from their activities.
4. Which pigeon net is best for home?
The best pigeon net for your home depends on factors like the size of the area you need to cover, the severity of the bird problem, and your budget. Look for pigeon nets made from durable materials like nylon or polyethylene, with UV protection for longevity. Mesh size should be appropriate to prevent pigeons from passing through.