Dos And Don'ts Of Installing Bird Nets At Home
The methods of pest control have been improvized over the years on the demand of the customers. One of the most common problems these days, faced by people living in homes with balconies and windows, is that of intruding birds. They want an easy and effective way to prevent these birds from scattering their droppings and feathers here and there on their balconies and windows. Bird netting is one such recommended trick to repel birds from the open spaces of your house.
The only condition to get full advantage out of a bird net installation is that it should be properly installed. So, if you too are considering getting an anti-bird net installation in your home, here are the dos and don’ts of bird netting for your reference.
Why Install a Bird Netting?
The ultimate benefit of an anti-bird netting installation is to keep the birds away from entering your windows and balconies. It is the most common trick chosen by many homeowners to keep birds away from flying into their windows and balconies. If installed properly, bird netting can help prevent the entrance of these unwanted flying creatures into the open spaces of your home.
Dos of Bird Net Installation
For the desired results to repel birds from your windows and balconies, it is important to be aware of the dos of anti-bird netting installation:
- Do Research Well About the Types of Bird Nettings: This goes true not just to install a bird netting but for any other installation. You must spend some time researching the different types of bird nettings available in the market. There are several types of bird nets, varying in terms of color, durability, and size of the mesh. Pick the one that meets your requirement.
- Do Get Inside Access while Installing a Bird Net: Bird installation needs proper planning. Make sure to get inside access while installing the bird net. There should be sufficient space for you to gain access outside the net with your hand. The purpose here is to access from inside, to take care of the plants outside, or to manage something outside the net by allowing your hand to pass through an access hole.
- Do Minimize the Tangles and Keep Things Organized: When trying to install a bird net on your balcony yourself, make sure to stay organized. Keep things in order and within reach to install the net better. Take someone’s help to hold the net to stretch it fully to the corners for a proper installation. It would help minimize the chances of the net tangling.
Don’ts of Anti-Bird Net Installation
Having understood all about the do’s of bird netting installation, it’s time to also learn about some of the don’ts for the same:
- Don’t Go for a Bird Net Installation on a Windy Day: Being lightweight, it’d be next to impossible to install bird nets properly on a windy day. So, avoid installing bird netting on a windy day as chances are that the net would get entangled and messy to manage for a proper fixture.
- Don’t Consider All Bird Nettings are the Same: Secondly, do not consider that all kinds of bird nettings are the same. There are different types of net birds that are available in the market. The trick here should be to determine which type of birds try to enter your property and what type of property you want to protect from the birds.
- Don’t Expect a Permanent Fixture of the Anti-Bird Netting: When opting for a bird net on your property, do not have high hopes. It is a temporary solution to the problem of birds entering your open spaces. Bird netting doesn’t offer a permanent fixture as it is bound to get holes, damage, and slip from the place after some time. Regular maintenance from a bird netting service provider is the key to keeping it in place to serve its purpose.
3 Things to Keep in Mind When Installing a Bird Net in your house
Besides the above-mentioned dos and don’ts of bird netting, one must be aware of the following important things too:
- Size of the Mesh: Choosing the right size of your bird net mesh is crucial to serving its purpose. Remember that the larger the size of the mesh, the larger would be the holes in the bird net. Moreover, a mesh with larger holes is lightweight, can withstand wind pressure, and is more affordable. To prevent larger birds, go for a larger mesh size.
- Material of the Bird Net: Also pay attention to the material used in the bird net. Since the net would stay there all day long, it needs to withstand the sunny, rainy, and windy days alike. For this purpose, choose a UV-protected polypropylene bird net. It will be durable and long-lasting. In short, always go for a heavy-duty bird net material for more durability.
- Types of Bird Netting: Next, consider the type of bird netting that should serve your purpose. After all, you intend to install it with the purpose of repealing some specific types of birds that are entering and spoiling the beauty of your home. The most common types of bird nets are either in white or black color. Renowned bird netting service providers like HiCare offer pigeon netting, measuring 2x2 inches square gaps, to repel pigeons and small birds. Then there is sparrow netting, measuring 1x1 inch square gaps, to repel sparrows and other smaller birds.
Whether it is your concern about how to fix a bird net on the balcony or your requirement to get a bird net installed on your balcony, HiCare is happy to help you. With presence in over 20 cities across India, HiCare offers affordable bird netting installation costs for installing HDPE or High-Density Polyethylene UV-resistant GARWARE bird nets. The bird netting service offered by HiCare comes with a full 3-year warranty. You may choose pigeon netting or sparrow netting to keep the respective birds away from your balconies and windows. So if you don’t want to take a chance and want a perfect bird netting installation that works, go for bird netting services from HiCare.