American Cockroaches - The Largest Species of this Pest | HiCare
We're confident that everyone is familiar with the term Cockroaches. Furthermore, we're very sure you've seen a cockroach recently if you're here. You're probably curious about how to get rid of American cockroaches and other types of cockroaches. So, instead of wasting time explaining what cockroaches are, let's just say that they're disgusting critters that can carry dangerous diseases.
Let's start with the different sorts of cockroaches today, and then we'll go into one in particular. The following are the most frequent cockroach species:
- American Cockroaches
- German Cockroaches
- Oriental Cockroaches
The American cockroach is the largest of the roaches that can infest your home. They're frequent in moist sewers and basements. Not just that but even in heating ducts beneath hospitals and first floors of buildings. They usually come from cartons in contaminated places to houses and apartments.
Roaches contaminate food, cause damage to wallpaper, books, and clothing, and even emit a horrible odor. Some people are allergic to roaches. These pests can contaminate food with bacteria that can cause food poisoning, dysentery, or diarrhea. Let’s straight-up jump to the point and discuss this specific type of cockroach known as the American Cockroach.
- American cockroaches are reddish-brown to dark brown in color. They are about 1-1/2 to 2-inches long and have wings. Males and females are similar in size. Females' wings are roughly the same length as their bodies, whereas males' wings are significantly longer and extend slightly beyond the abdomen.
- Female American cockroaches lay their eggs in bean-shaped cases near the floor in sheltered regions, generally near a food supply. For a few hours to four days, egg capsules emerge from the body. Each week, one egg capsule is developed, up to a total of 6 to 14.
- Because no one likes cockroaches, you'll dislike America when you learn that the American Cockroach is the most common cockroach species on the planet. However, you may be astonished to learn that American cockroaches did not originate in the United States. They are said to have originated in Africa and the Middle East and only reached America in the 17th century.
Where are you going to look for these notorious pests?
The Periplaneta Americana cockroach is also known as the 'waterbug' or the palmetto pests. You might have guessed that this is because they're called water insects, they prefer to live outside in moist, humid environments. The American cockroach can be found in places like drains, open gutters, sewers, trash disposals, and other unsanitary areas.
These pests do not just exist in North America. They aren't cockroaches from North America. Because they are the largest domestic cockroach species, they can be found all over the world. This is also true in India. With the monsoons currently in effect, expect to see a lot of these cockroach species. They prefer damp environments, and India's current climate is ideal.
What are the characteristics of American cockroaches?
- The typical reddish-brown color.
- Yellowish marks Antennae: Yes, 8-pattern on the back of the skull
- Six legs
- Adult Size ranges from 32 to 54 mm in length (1.2-2.1 inches).
Are you afraid to return home? The American cockroach isn't frightened to enter your home; they simply prefer to live outside. They like to stay outside because, as previously said, they prefer damp settings. This is especially true during the rainy season, which runs from June to October. During the summer and winter, they may begin to infiltrate homes in search of shelter. It is your responsibility to keep these pests from entering your home from the outside. You never know, they could be looking for food or simply lost their way.
Let's break down how to get rid of American cockroaches
Since these fellas spend most of their time outside, let's look at some methods to keep your surroundings clean. Here's what we can do to keep them out of your house. As you may be aware, sewage and rubbish may frequently be found near residential areas. First and foremost. Rather than getting rid of them, try to prevent problems from happening in the first place. Speak with your society and organize a cleanup effort. Regardless of whether it's mosquitoes or cockroaches, a clean and orderly atmosphere reduces pests by 80%.
These are the current strategies for preventing American cockroaches. However, if they are already present in your community, you will require more assistance. These cockroaches are tougher than most cockroach species due to their greater size. Smaller baits and American cockroach traps will not work, therefore use insecticides. This is the most effective method of cockroach control. You can do it yourself, but pest treatment is a more reliable option.
HiCare is an expert in cockroach control in the American cockroach industry. They employ a variety of techniques, including liquids, sprays, baits, IGR (insect growth regulator), and others. Basically, they do whatever it takes to get rid of an infestation of American cockroaches.
You may already have an American cockroach infestation in your house? Don’t worry we’ve got you covered. Here are some tips for you to help eliminate and reduce roaches-
- Insecticide sprays- This is the easiest way to reduce this species of cockroaches in your house.
- Spray liquid residue - Utilize this and spray the full perimeter in your house/surroundings. Depending on the severity of your cockroach infestation, repeat this process every 2-3 months. This is a simple DIY method for preventing cockroaches from entering your home but not fully effective.
- Cockroach baits- They are an excellent indoor treatment. In dark areas and corners of attics, kitchens, and other places, use Niban FG, an efficient bait.
All's well that ends well, they say. Everything will be ok if you consult an expert. While DIY solutions may be effective, hiring specialists is always the best option. Contact a pest control company, and they will devise the most effective American cockroach treatment strategy. They will scan your perimeter and determine whether an indoor clean-up or outside extermination is required. If the infestation is severe, you may need to do both.
Experts in cockroach pest control determine whether a gel or a spray is required. They'll also tell you whether you need treatment or control for American cockroaches. If you’re still searching for “cockroach pest control near me” then the lookout ends here. So, get out your phone and dial the number of your local pest control company. HiCare is one of the best pest control services in Mumbai. Our pest control services will help you in the elimination of American cockroaches and other pests.