7 Genius Tricks to Keep Birds Out of Your Home
Humans have had a very close association with the birds for centuries. Be it pigeons who were used as messengers in the early ages or simply in the form of pets where colourful birds like parrots and mynas make for a delightful fascinating company.
There are many people who are ardent admirers of birds and engage in various activities of birds like bird watching and bird feeding to name a few. Having said that, there is some type of urban birds especially the wild pigeon and sparrow that are known to cause utter chaos to our everyday lives.
They are so used to living around us humans that they knowingly or unknowingly rely heavily on their everyday needs including food, water and nesting. And these desires have led them to break into our homes which is a very big problem especially in the metro cities of India.
They can spoil the atmosphere in your house by the noise, mess they create in the form of loose feathers and droppings. This, in turn, could prove to be a catalyst for respiratory diseases and allergies. Pigeons are most aggressive birds and hence steps needs to be taken so that they don't become a nuisance to our peaceful lives.
Here are 7 Genius Tricks to Keep Birds Out of Your Home
- Firstly, make sure that all possible point of entries for any of these birds to your home is blocked. Shut windows and doors reduce enormously the chances of these birds entering your house. If this is not possible fasten curtains and blinds.
- Inspect the house for small gaps like the ones for gas pipeline or AC units and seal them if any.
- Some keen animal lovers always keep bird food or birdbaths on the window or balcony. Although this is a good practice, make sure that they are kept away from the opening of your house. Another hack is to not make it a habit or changing the location of birdfeeder or birdbaths frequently.
- If the house is going to remain closed for a considerable period of time, hang a plastic hawk or any other predator mural to the window to avoid the pigeons nesting on the window grill. They have been proven effective to scare the birds away. Make particularly sure that it hangs down so that it swings with the wind. Birds are very smart and may get resistant to an immovable threat.
- Other hangings could include shiny objects like CDs, broken piece of mirrors or any reflective metal. The sound of wind chimes also frightens the bird away. There are few bird obstacles that are available in the market like sticky bird repellent which makes it uncomfortable for the birds to land on flat surfaces.
- On the discovery of a nest with eggs on the window, it's noble to wait until they are hatched and the hatchlings fly away. It will take maximum up to a month but immediately after that, discard the leftover nesting material while sanitizing the whole area. If a nest is spotted inside the house, move it to a different location carefully but not too far away.
- Cover your window with a film which is transparent from the inside of your home but is opaque and appears reflective to the birds. They are easily available in the hardware shops in the market.
The birds especially the pigeons are usually smart creatures. There have been studies that pigeons are known to recognize people. The species played a very important role in saving many soldiers' lives during World War 1 and World War 2.
Their quick learning abilities make them easy to adapt to new conditions. Hence using the above approaches could only be temporary. For a permanent solution, it is best to contact a professional for help.
Hicare with many years of experience in bird control is a fully certified specialist in this department. We provide pigeon netting solutions for both residential as well as commercial spaces across the country and it comes with a 3-year warranty.
With years of industry experience, our engineers will provide an ideal and a customized solution to your home, office or even a building. So visit our website at https://hicare.in/bird-control-service.html or Call 080-46809272 for a first-hand understanding of our efficient bird prevention services.