Mosquito bites are not only annoying but dangerous. Here are 5 things that happen when a mosquito bites you and how to prevent them. Learn more here.
Mosquito bites are the first, least seriously taken things on this planet, yet very dangerous. Millions of mosquitoes keep swarming around humans with tonnes of infectious diseases. Bites of these mosquitos cause reddish bumps on the skin with itchiness that’s usually ignored. Mosquito pest control services become imperative in such situations.
- When a mosquito bites you, what exactly happens?
- When a mosquito bites you, it uses a special mouthpart called a proboscis to pierce the skin and suck up your blood.
- The mosquito injects saliva into your skin while it is feeding. A lump and itching appear as your body reacts to this saliva.
- Some people have a minor reaction to a bite or a series of bites such as:-
a. A puffy and reddish bump appeared a few minutes after the bite.
b. A hard, itchy, reddish-brown bump or multiple bumps appear a day or so after the bite or bites.
c. Small blisters instead of hard bumps may appear in some cases.
d. Dark spots that look like bruises are also a result of mosquito bites.
- Others may have a more severe reaction, resulting in a broad region of swelling, pain, and redness. It also causes blown lymph nodes and low-grade fever in many cases.
- In very severe cases, when these symptoms get more severe and aren’t treated carefully, it creates further complications thereby causing detrimental effects on the body’s overall functioning which might even lead to death. Symptoms such as: –
a. A large area of swelling and redness
b. High-grade fever
c. Hives on the skin
d. Swollen lymph nodes
- What are mosquito-borne diseases?
What makes mosquitoes even more harmful are the bacteria, viruses and parasites they transmit, thereby causing diseases.
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), mosquito bites result in more than one million deaths every year, mosquito-borne diseases such as Malaria, chikungunya, zika virus and dengue being some of the major causes of death.
- How are mosquito-borne diseases transmitted: –
Mosquitoes spread disease through their bites. Mosquitoes are vectors (living things that carry diseases between animals and humans). Vectors often carry infections through the blood. Many of the creatures classified as vectors are bloodsuckers.
When a mosquito bites, it not only sucks blood but secretes saliva. This saliva enters your blood. There is an exchange of fluids between the mosquito and your bloodstream. An infected mosquito has fed off a person or animal with the disease. It then passes the infection on when it bites.
Mosquitoes often feed in a method called sip feeding. Sip feeding means that the mosquito doesn’t just suck all of the blood it needs from one source — it takes multiple meals from multiple sources. Unfortunately, this exposes more people to infection. This requires prevention measures to keep you and your family safe.
- Prevention is better than cure
Treatments of these mosquito-borne diseases cost a huge amount of money especially if the symptoms are severe and have led to other complications. They also take away from the happiness of your family.
Instead of paying hefty bills in the hospitals to cure the diseases that the small blood-sucking monsters cause, you should consider preventing their entry into your spaces so they can’t invade and cause dread.
- HiCare Mosquito Pest Control Services:
The best way of prevention is to get HiCare pest control- the best mosquito pest control services. We say this with a lot of conviction as our 3X Mosquito Control Service has been extremely effective when tested even in the most mosquito-prone areas.
3X Mosquito Pest Control Services by HiCare have been evolved and developed over 28 years to provide a simple solution for the problems caused by the complex flying beasts. We have a three-step procedure that ensures the blockage of mosquitoes in your spaces for at least three months after our mosquito pest control services are done.
Check out the three steps of HiCare’s 3X Mosquito Control Services now:-
- Smart Air- We developed an automatic wall dispenser that sprays an odourless composition at scientifically calculated intervals.
- Smart Walls- Our team has tested and developed a long-lasting encapsulated wall spray solution that lasts for three months on indoor walls. What’s more, it’s completely safe for children, pets, and the elderly!
- Smart Water- To prevent the breeding of disease-causing monsters in and around the house, we employ WHO-approved chemicals for anti-larval breeding sites treatment.
Our long-term Mosquito Pest Control Services come with great, tried-and-trusted service processes.
Our professionals ensure that all three processes are completed correctly with you getting a full understanding of it with digital updates, from inspection to execution.
Also, get a 30 days money-back guarantee and keep your windows open 24/7 without any worries. Choose our warranty backed 3X Mosquito Pest Control Services now!