The Insider's Guide to Winter Pests
Winter is almost here, which means a slew of celebrations, including parties, lavish dinner arrangements, and get-togethers. Many people overlook the fact that winter also brings harmful bugs and insects into our homes! Although summer is the preferred season for most pests, many people are unaware that winter still sees a significant level of insect invasion.
They primarily attempt to infiltrate homes in search of food and comfort. You're spending the holidays with friends and family. It's only prudent that you don't waste too much of your valuable time dealing with unwelcome visitors. They disguise themselves as winter pests while remaining undetectable.
With that being said, here is a list of a few common winter pests you need to be cautious of during the season:
Rodents are the most typical form of winter pest you'll come across. To get food and water, these intelligent yet cunning critters can bite their way through virtually anything. Diseases are transferred by rodents when they come into touch with food. They are also known to carry pathogens that cause sickness through their urine and excrement.
All of these considerations make it critical to take preventative actions before winter arrives. Here are some suggestions for keeping rats at bay:
- Maintain a tidy and organised home, particularly the kitchen. This provides them a little less hiding space as they are notorious for nesting in groups and in a messy environment.
- If you don't have access to a refrigerator, make sure food is sealed in metal or stainless steel containers.
- Look for signs of these rodents such as droppings, squeaking sounds, or even nibbled fruits, candies, or other foods kept in easily accessible areas.
- If you suspect their existence, it's advisable to contact a winter pest treatment professional since, while DIY methods may keep them away temporarily, they are never guaranteed.
Cockroaches are another harmful winter pest that may be found in all homes at any time of year, but especially during the colder months.
They are commonly seen in kitchens and bathrooms, and they levitate towards food and moisture, especially in places where they are hard to see, such as under the sink or within the food cupboard.
They contaminate food, transmitting bacteria that can cause serious health issues such as cholera, dysentery, and gastroenteritis. Some quick and easy ways to keep cockroaches away are listed below for your safety.
- Keep the kitchen and bathroom floors dry and clean at all times.
- If you can't refrigerate dry items, make it a point to keep them in airtight containers.
- Liquids should not be left in tins, cans, or sinks.
- Dispose of rubbish on a regular basis, and if possible, separate dry and wet waste.
- Cockroaches love to colonise old stacks of newspapers, periodicals, or cartons, as well as many types of clutter. They consume books and papers to stay alive.
- Always be aware of their signals, especially in the dark, and if you have even the smallest suspicion, contact professional pest control services right away for an assessment.
Travels, as well as guests, are common throughout the winter months, and both are good reasons for Bedbug infestations. These deadly bugs are known for their ability to hide from humans and are world-class hitchhikers.
They may be found practically anywhere humans gather, from hotels to theatres to aircraft and trains, leading tourists and hoteliers alike to have sleepless evenings.It is critical to be aware of their presence at all times, especially after returning from a trip. Follow these simple steps to completely avoid them at home and on the road.
- Reorganize or decrease clutter as much as possible, such as old newspapers or books, or even your closets for clothing, to eliminate as much as possible their hiding place.
- Vacuum all of your bedding, pillows, sofa, and other upholstered furniture.
- It's usually a good idea to be aware of bed bug indications, especially if you're a frequent traveller, such as how they look, their stains on beddings, and their bite marks on the body.
- Don't forget about your pet's bed. Ensure disinfecting their bedding and clothing on a regular basis.
- If you discover their presence in your home, contact an experienced pest control company right once because they are trained to find bedbugs and their eggs in locations that we would not guess.
Most of the time, if you detect any winter bugs in your house, you should contact a licenced pest control company for an inspection and treatment to ensure long-term results. DIY pest control and local pest control methods are only temporary fixes, and some of the procedures and chemicals employed can be harmful to humans.
Well, in this case, HiCare can be a responsible and reliable pest control partner. With an experience of more than two decades, HiCare has scientifically designed various pest control plans. We have safely served over a million residential and commercial spaces. The integrated pest management plans deliver effective results. Some of the key features of our pest control services are:
- We use 100% safe chemicals and products.
- We have a unique approach to handle each kind of pest.
- Many of our pest control services are warranty and guarantee backed.
- Our experts strictly follow Covid-19 appropriate behaviour.
Before the winter season hits, visit HiCare’s official website and enroll for 4D Cockorach Treatment, Bed Bug Control and Rodent Control service for a pest-free home.