The Health Hazards of Poor Air Quality
Health Impacts of Air pollution is not a standalone problem but is definitely killing thousands of people. Pollution is the deadliest and slow poisonous gas in the air that we breathe day in and day out. Over the decades the air pollution in urban cities has increased while making the cities smog-filled. The increased pollution has made walking on the road difficult for people due to hazed visibility. The indoor pollution is equally responsible to make the weather in the urban cities turn grey. Weâ€™re constantly under the threat of getting our lungs polluted with harmful particulate matters.
Outdoor air pollutants are of various kinds. Below are their hazards
1. Ozone, i.e. smog triggers serious illness like asthma, coughing, chronic bronchitis and other respiratory problems.
2. Carbon monoxide is another pollutant that has the potential to make people sick. Even the healthiest people can feel tired or might suffer from chest pain. If these pollutants are inhaled with higher concentration, it might cause health issues like impaired vision and coordination, headaches, dizziness, confusion, nausea.
3. PM 10 is a serious local pollutant that causes severe sneezing and coughing. The smog that we breathe contains the dangerous particulate matters.
4. The combustion of fossil fuels by industrial plants and vehicles also contributes in outdoor air pollution. This releases carbon monoxide, particulate matter, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons and other pollutants.
5. Nitrogen Oxide an harmful pollutant released from power plants, motor vehicles, natural sources like volcanos, lighting, etc. It causes decrements in lung function, chronic asthma attacks and other breathing troubles.
6. Molds are types of fungi that grow outdoor while triggering asthma, nasal stiffness and other breathing troubles.
7. Mercury is a neurological toxin that is commonly found in the food chain. This can cause nerve system damage, especially in children.
Indoor air pollutants that you never knew about are. Below are their hazards
1. Indoor air pollutant like PM 2.5 is the deadliest air pollutant as they go straight into your bloodstream and cause severe respiratory problems.
2. Home cleaning products and paint consist high level of PM 2.5 causes lung cancer and severe heart diseases.
3. Cigarette smoke particles can penetrate deep into the lungs and bloodstream easily. In addition to its known connection to cancer, tobacco smoke pollution may cause or worsen serious health conditions including respiratory infections, and asthma.
4. VOC are indoor air pollutants that lead to severe COPD or asthma due to smaller particulate matters. Cleaning products or paint with high concentration levels contains volatile organic compound.
5. Nitrogen dioxide is a toxic gas that occurs from the fire while causing irritation to the throat, eyes, nose, and respiratory tract.
6. Second-hand smoke is caused due to tobacco products while the exposure can trigger asthma attack and lung cancer.
7.Lead particles are strongly present in the paint and can lead to the damage of brain, nervous system, kidneys, and red blood cells. In children it may develop short attention spans, behavioral problems, lower IQ levels, and delayed growth.
Here are few shocking facts about the poor air quality affecting the health
A study by WHO says, seven million people died due to air pollution problem which is double the number of people dies due to HIV.
Face masks are inefficient as they can't filter the smallest particulate matters from the air. Mostly the children are likely to be affected easily due to exposure to polluted air. Air pollution adversely effects on the lungs of children. As the immune system is still in the process of developing the natural defence.
Nearly 30 million of India's population is suffering from Asthma due to exceeded safety limits of air pollution.
Air pollution in India has caused nearly one lakh premature deaths on annual basis.
Air pollution has severe respiratory problems like Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, Heart Diseases, Lung Cancer, etc.
Millions of people in India live in the top-rated polluted areas while developing COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease).
Air purifiers or air filters can possibly be the solution to prevent the harmful particulates and gases from entering your lungs. HiCare presents high-quality and efficient Blueair Purifiers to help you breathe air as pure as nature intended. Innovated with love in Sweden, Blueair purifiers combine the Highest Clean Air Delivery Rate with the lowest noise for measurable results delivered stylishly.
Air purifiers filter the dust, bacteria or virus from the air you breathe and releases clean air. Between vacuuming, to effectively reduce the amount of both airborne allergens and allergens that have settled on surrounding surfaces, Blueair purifiers do it all. Air purifiers help you reduce severe respiratory problems.
HiCare brings to India, the best in class HEPA Silent Air Filtration System with Swedish giant Blueair Purifier. The air purifiers use revolutionary HEPA Air Purification technology to make indoor air pollutant free. All our Air Purifiers are hand-picked to best protect you and your family's health. Don't breathe polluted air indoor. Get a HiCare Air purifier and breathe pure air as nature intended. Speak to us to know how to Invest in a quality and efficient air purification system to breathe easy.
After all breathing, clean and healthier air is what we believe in!
After all, a pest free home is a healthy home!