How to Clean Different Types of Kitchen Countertops?
Even the best kitchens fitted with the latest appliances tend to get dirty and messy due to regular food preparations during the day. Be it wooden, laminate, marble, or granite countertop, kitchen countertops need proper cleaning and organization to cook tasty and hygienic food.
Sometimes, simply wiping the kitchen countertop with a damp cloth is not enough to remove stubborn counter stains. Remember, cleaning a kitchen countertop is not just about removing stains but also ensuring that the slab does not get damaged with the cleaning solution.
So, is there any kitchen slab cleanerthat can be used to clean all types of kitchen countertops? Let’s figure it out in this post. Here, we aim to acquaint you with some smart ways of cleaning different types of kitchen countertops.
How to Clean Kitchen Countertops
Different types of countertops may need different ways of clean-up. One kitchen platform cleanermay not work for all types of kitchen platforms. So, how to clean the kitchen?Here are some tips:
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Countertops: Warm water works as a perfect remedy to clean the toughest stains on a stainless-steel countertop. Mix warm water with good dish soap and use a microfiber cloth to clean the counter stainseffortlessly. You may also choose to use baking soda mixed in warm water to scrub away stubborn stains from your stainless-steel kitchen platform.
- How to Clean Marble or Quartz Countertops: It’s pretty easy to clean marble and quartz kitchen countertops. All you need for this type of clean-up is a liquid dish soap mixture in a spray bottle and a damp cloth or sponge. Sprinkle the solution on the countertop and scrub it with the sponge. For better results with regard to disinfecting the entire worktop, you may also use a disinfectant wipe for the final clean-up once the countertop has been cleaned.
- How to Clean Wooden Kitchen Worktops: Cleaning a wooden kitchen countertop is not that easy. You can’t use hot water solutions here as they would swell up the wood. Hence, soak a wet sponge in dish soap liquid and scrub away the stains from the wooden countertops. You may also use a kitchen slab cleanerformulated especially for wooden countertops in kitchens.
- How to Clean Laminate Kitchen Countertops: Hot water works best when it comes to cleaning a laminate kitchen countertop. For this, soak a microfibre cloth in a solution of dishwashing liquid and hot water. Use this cloth to wipe away the stains from your laminate kitchen countertop. Make sure to wipe it off with a dry wipe at the end to avoid stains of the solution and swelling of the laminated material underneath.
- How to Clean Concrete Countertops: Worried about how to get rid of those spill stains from your concrete kitchen tops? Prepare a dish soap solution in hot water and spray this solution on the stained surface. Leave it on for a while. Scrub it later and see the magic as the stains start vanishing!
- How to Clean Granite Kitchen Countertops: Warm soapy solution is perfect to clean granite kitchen countertops. Scrub the stained surface with granite cleaning liquidand get rid of all the stains. You may also clean these countertops using white vinegar mixed with water. If your granite countertop has lost its sheen, feel free to look for ways on how to polish granite at home.
- How to Clean Soapstone Countertops: Cleaning soapstone countertops need precautions as these tops come coated with mineral oil. So, when you scrub these with a powder kitchen cleaner, these slabs may lose their shine. It’s best to clean soapstone countertops using dish soap mixed in warm water. If needed, try to polish these slabs using a dry microfiber cloth to avoid the appearance of water streaks left behind while cleaning. Also, avoid cleaning this type of countertop with vinegar, as it would damage these tops permanently.
- How to Clean Corian Countertops: Corian countertops look trendy and beautiful if maintained properly. If left dirty, these expensive countertops would start appearing dull. Try cleaning them with a microfiber cloth using a dish soap liquid. Once cleaned, make sure to wipe them off with a dry cloth to restore their luster.
- How to Remove Oil Stains from Kitchen Tiles:
Cleaning kitchen tiles is as important as cleaning kitchen countertops. The tiles, especially behind the gas stoves, tend to attract the toughest curry and oil stains. The following tips will help you remove oil stains from kitchen tiles:
- Clean the tiles with baking soda and warm water solution.
- Scrub oil stains with white vinegar mixed with baking soda.
- Clean the kitchen tiles with liquid dish soap mixed in hot water.
- Try the magical cleaning solution by mixing ammonia, vinegar, baking soda, and warm water.
- Scrub the tiles using vegetable oil to cut oil stains on the kitchen tiles.
- Hire professional kitchen-cleaning experts from a hygiene service company.
Leave the daunting task of cleaning your kitchen countertop to trained professionals at HiCare. Proud to be in the business over the last 16 years, HiCare is India’s top-notch digital hygiene company. Book a kitchen-cleaning service with them and restore your kitchen beauty.
Kitchen-cleaning from HiCare is a 3-step procedure that involves cleaning the kitchen tops and cabinets, external cleaning of the electrical appliances, and mopping and scrubbing of kitchen floors. Remember, regular kitchen-cleaning is also important to keep pest infestation at bay inside the cupboards and under the sink.