People are scared. People are panicking. All around the world, millions are unsure of what to do and how to combat this new disease called novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. However, we’ve noticed this trend of people being unaware and we want you to be informed about all you need to know about coronavirus.
What causes it, how it spreads, what are the symptoms, how is it diagnosed, what are the treatments and cures, and much more. Once you’re done with this guide today, you will know about coronavirus as much as the many doctors helping cure it right now. Remember, don’t take COVID-19 lightly!
What is COVID-19?
The disease is something that is being spread by the recently discovered corona virus, which is said to have originated in Wuhan, China, before spreading to almost every country in the globe. There are a few known symptoms of coronavirus but it’s said that the symptoms may take up to 2-14 days to surface in human beings.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Dry cough
- Runny nose/nasal congestion
- Pains and aches
- Sore throat, etc.
How does the disease spread?
While there are plenty of theories as to how it spreads, let’s break it down for you. When an infected person coughs or sneezes, he releases infected droplets into the air. Similarly, a healthy person can inhale those droplets in a matter of seconds through his/her nose or mouth. Apart from inhaling, if a healthy person touches an object where these droplets have laded and then touches his face (eyes, nose, ears), he will catch the virus.
What to do if you experience symptoms?
Once you experience any of the above symptoms of coronavirus, don’t take it lightly. Seek medical help as soon as possible. Visit your family doctor with details such as recent travel history and see what he/she advises. This could include anything between bed rest to complete isolation.
Depending on the level of infection, your doctor may suggest the treatment. In severe cases, one will have to be admitted to a hospital’s quarantine ward to ensure it isn’t spreading from you. Remember, it’s important to not let your virus go to thousands of others we interact with and see on a daily basis. N95 masks are also available for people with coronavirus symptoms. Keeping the mask on at all times makes sure that all droplets aren’t released into the atmosphere.
How to protect yourself?
1) Wash – Keeping washing your hands and face on a regular basis. Use a traditional soap and water wash if required or else try to carry an alcohol-based sanitizer wherever you go.
2) Maintain distance – If you see someone coughing or sneezing, make sure you have at least 1-meter (3 feet) distance from them so you aren’t in direct chances of catching their droplets.
3) Avoid crowded places – Trains, buses, airports, stadiums, marketplaces and more. There are hundreds of people here and going to such places is a complete NO!
4) Don’t touch your face – Droplets on your hands can be transferred to your immediately if you touch your face especially ears, eyes and nose. Don’t touch if you haven’t washed your hands.
5) Use a tissue – When coughing or sneezing, don’t do it into your hands. Instead, use a tissue or napkin so the droplets remain in a closed napkin.
Remember, if you need any help maintaining the highest levels of hygiene at home, contact HiCare at 8828333888 or www.hicare.in. 100% personal and home hygiene is a good first step towards keeping yourself safe from coronavirus.