It all begins with a bite!
Well, we all know that Dengue is an epidemic that needs undivided attention at all costs. Every year Dengue fever affects millions of people worldwide and so yet again it has made a comeback with the season. Monsoon is right here and what it brings along with all the beautiful showers and weather is a breeding time for mosquitoes that spread dengue. Yes, and trust us, Dengue is no joke! It causes an almost incurable ‘bone breaking’ illness which cannot be ignored.
Dengue is an epidemic that requires your undivided attention. A small negligence can cost you a health decline. So, make sure you take all the steps to fight the evolution of dengue in your surroundings and eventually your home.
What is Dengue?
Dengue is an infectious disease transmitted by the bite of Aedes Aegypti mosquito.
These mosquitoes are said to attack during day time and breed in clean and fresh water. Being the most active in warmer climates, they usually look for water filled containers in homes to lay these eggs.
Well, they have their preferred tastes too; hence they love to bite you below the elbow or the knee. Female mosquitoes only bite humans for the purpose of breeding their eggs and mosquitoes will never suck on your blood!
Nobody is immune to the Dengue virus. Therefore, we all should ensure that we show our responsibility towards this issue by maintain proper hygiene in our surroundings. You very well know the saying, “Prevention is better than cure.”
Don’t panic! Just know the reasons behind dengue, find ways to get rid of mosquitoes and make your home dengue free. Here are the top 8 reasons behind dengue that you should take note of and arm your family against that small lethal bite:
1. Lack of sanitation
2. Unplanned and uncontrolled urbanization
3. Population growth
4. Water contamination and stagnant water
5. Climate Change
6. Collection of trash at home
7. Damp areas in the house
8. Infected mosquitoes - usually the Aedes aegypti spreads dengue. An infected human is bitten by a mosquito, the infected mosquito bites another human and the cycle continues.
How to Make Your Home Dengue-Free
Don’t give dengue a chance! Limit their chances to breed by limiting spaces available to them. Here is how you could make your house a dengue free zone!
1. Never allow water to stagnate in your house, contaminated water is an evil. This is the place where mosquitoes breed.
2. Keep the doors and windows shut as soon as the sun sets. Use thick screens for ventilation if you wish to.
3. Keep your home dry. Make sure the kitchen, bathroom and all other rooms in your house are kept dry as insects and mosquitoes cannot survive without water.
4. Spring clean regularly and de-clutter your house.
5. You can place a tulsi plant or leaves of neem tree to stop mosquitoes from entering your house.
6. Cover the trash bin and try keeping it away from your house.
7. Make sure your family uses natural repellent or sleeps under the protection of mosquito nets to keep them at bay.
8. Electrical appliances like cooler and refrigerators mostly hold stagnant water, so it is very important to clean them regularly.
9. Line your window with net or screens. It’s also advisable to sleep within a canopy that covers the enter circumference of the bed.
10. Grow plants near the house that prevent mosquitoes. Plants like Marigold, lemongrass, garlic are very effective.
11. Do not use plastic containers and canisters in kitchen cabinets.
12. Keep the temperature of your house cool as mosquitoes find it very difficult to survive in cool places.
13. Seek early consultation from your pest control experts to fight the mosquitoes.
Prevention is the best defence against dengue! So, follow these steps regularly and keep your home dengue free. Stop Dengue, before it stops YOU!
Win your #WarAgainstDengue this monsoon by knowing the reasons behind the same and how you can make your home dengue free. Pest control in Bangalore, Pune and Mumbai are the most effectively used followed by residential pest control in Chennai, helping people prevent dengue.
Get a Pest control done in your home every couple of months to ensure your home is free of any mosquito eggs. Hicare offers one of the best pest solutions for homes and commercial premises. If you wish to take any further advice or a quick visit by our expert technician, call us on 39889988 or visit hicare.in to contact us!