How To Remove Hard Water Stains From Glass In Your Bathroom
So you have installed new bathroom fittings and showers along with the sparkling bathroom glass? Do you think you will be able to maintain the spotless look of these bathroom accessories, especially your bathroom glass? Not really, if you have a hard water supply in your area. Hard water, when mixed with the fatty oils of your soaps, tends to create a tough soap scum that is difficult to clean. Over a period of use, your new bathroom fittings and glasses get a crusty layer of limescale scum due to hard water.
Now comes the question: what is this hard water and how to remove hard water stains? We will discuss all this and help you understand what acts as a natural hard water stain remover?
What is Hard Water?
Hard water is water that is rich in minerals like magnesium, calcium, lime, and chalk. It is the water that comes to your water systems all the way from the ground, and on its way, it carries all these minerals. The taste of hard water is different but it is not bad for your health. But hard water can play a real havoc on your bathroom appliances, glasses, and skin. The worst thing in areas where hard water comes from taps is the appearance of hard water stains on the bathroom glass. These water spots are hard to remove and may make even the best of bathroom glasses look ugly.
7 Tips to Remove Hard Water Stains from Glass
So, how to remove hard water stains from glass? Though difficult to remove, hard water stains on glasses are not impossible to remove. The best thing is that we have most of the ingredients present in our kitchen that help to remove these water spots from bathroom glasses. Here are some smart hacks and tips that will help you deal with the toughest hard water spots on glass.
- Vinegar and Water Solution: Vinegar when mixed with water acts as the best hard water stain remover for your bathroom glasses. Just spray some vinegar mixed with water on the stained glass. Make sure you place an old newspaper or towel below so as to catch the drips. Leave the solution on the glass for half an hour and then scrub using a microfiber cloth. You will be able to wipe off the tough mineral deposits from the glass.
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Paste: If vinegar and water alone fail to remove the hard stains, try using some baking soda too. Vinegar works wonders in removing water spots in the bathroom when mixed with the powerful baking soda. Make a paste using both these kitchen ingredients and rub it on the hard stains on your bathroom glasses. Let it sit there for some time and then scrub to remove the hard water stains from your bathroom glasses.
- Cleaning with Dry Newspaper: Another tip to remove glass stain in your bathroom is by using an old newspaper. The ink present in the newspaper can help you scrub away the glass stains. All you need is to soap an old newspaper in water and wipe the stained glasses with it. Once done, wipe the glasses using a damp cloth and let it dry. The end result will make you wonder that cleaning water stains from glasses was that easy!
- Cleaning with Dishwashing Liquid: If you think dishwashing liquid is only meant for cleaning your dishes, you are wrong! You can even try this amazing liquid to remove water spots from glass. Just pour the liquid onto the stained bathroom glasses and wipe it off using a microfiber cloth. You may need to scrub a little to remove tough limescale stains.
- Cleaning with Lemon Juice: The list of tips to remove water spots from glass is not over yet. You may also try the power of lemon to remove hard water stains from your bathroom glasses. Just make a solution using equal parts of lemon juice and white vinegar. Spray this solution onto the stained glasses and let it rest for half an hour. Wipe it off using a damp cloth and see the astonishing results.
- Cleaning with Shaving Foam: Hard water stains can also be cleansed using shaving foam. Yes, this may sound strange but it really works! Just shake the shaving foam bottle and spray some foam on a clean soft cloth. Scrub the glass stains using this cloth and sprinkle some water along to get a sparkling shining bathroom glass once again.
- Cleaning with Salt and Water Solution: We reserved the easiest trick of removing hard water glass stains for the last. Try using a mixture of salt and water to cut the limescale stains from bathroom glasses and other accessories. Make sure the mixture is not too watery and can stick to the stain for a while. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then scrub using a soft clean cloth.
Although the above-mentioned tips are easy and affordable to clean the hard water spots from your bathroom glass, what if you are still unable to get the desired results? Do not get disheartened; it’s time to take professional help and call experts from HiCare for a perfect bathroom cleaning. After setting a benchmark in digital hygiene, HiCare boasts of offering safe, odorless and chemical-free solutions for all your cleaning requirements. The trained staff from HiCare will leave behind spotless and sparkling windows and glasses in your bathroom after one single visit! Convenient to order and affordable in pricing, HiCare bathroom cleaning service is your one-stop solution to get rid of the toughest bathroom glass stains.