How to Clean the Dirty Kitchen Exhaust Fan and Kitchen Sink Without Wasting Much Time?
Cleaning the entire house is one thing and cleaning the kitchen alone with all its appliances is altogether a different ball game. Kitchen cleaningis undoubtedly one of the most time-consuming tasks for anyone. It’s not only the most frequently used place of the house but also one that is fitted with different appliances, gadgets, and utility items. Cleaning all these things in the kitchen makes it tough.
Cooking food in a clean kitchen is essential to maintain its hygiene. Moreover, a dirty kitchen with a greasy exhaust fan and a clogged or stained sink may spoil the entire look of your house.
So, how to clean a dirty kitchen?For this, you need to clean all its appliances, tiles, kitchen sink, and exhaust fan. In this post, we aim to enlighten you with some quick kitchen sink and exhaust fan cleaninghacks.
Why Cook in a Clean Kitchen?
Before sharing some useful ways on how to clean the exhaust fanand kitchen sink, we want you to know the importance of a clean kitchen. The list below shows the top reasons to cook in a neat and clean kitchen:
- Maintains the hygiene of the food
- Helps to keep things organized on the countertop
- Enhances the beauty of the kitchen
- Extends the lifespan of the kitchen appliances
- Declutters your kitchen of waste items
- Prevents pest infestation inside cabinets and corners
- Provides a safe area to cook and store food
Exhaust Fan and Kitchen Sink – The Two Most Dirty Fixtures of a Kitchen
When talking about the two most tricky areas to clean in a kitchen, we must say that they are the exhaust fan and the kitchen sink. They are usually the dirtiest areas of the kitchen. All the grease from the smoke emitted during cooking gets stuck over the exhaust fan. Similarly, all the waste washed off from the utensils and leftovers tends to clog the kitchen sink over time. So, to ensure proper kitchen cleaning, one must be aware of the effective ways to clean the exhaust fan and the kitchen sink.
How to Clean Kitchen Exhaust Fan Grease?
Kitchen Exhaust Fan Cleaningis not an easy task. It’s often very hard to access the kitchen exhaust fan, and even if one does, it can be difficult to clean the grease accumulated over the fan blades. The following tips will help you clean your kitchen exhaust fan with ease without wasting much time:
- Cleaning the Exhaust Fan Blades: Try cleaning the dirty exhaust fan blades with a soapy solution or a mixture made using baking soda, ammonia, and lukewarm water. Make sure to wear rubber gloves while applying the solution to the blades and scrub them off to get back the lost sheen.
- Cleaning the Dirty Mesh: Not all exhaust fans have a mesh, but for the ones that do, it’s easy to clean them using boiling water. Remove the mesh filters and soak them in a mixture of ammonia and hot water for an hour. Later, remove the mesh and scrub off to clean the grease marks.
- Cleaning the Hard Grease Build-up: The worst thing to clean in an exhaust fan is its grease build-up. Try scraping it off with the help of chemicals like caustic soda mixed with some hot water. Spray this solution over the grease stuck on the exhaust fan and leave it on for some time. Scrape it out after some time and wipe off with a damp cloth.
How to Clean a Dirty Kitchen Sink?
As mentioned earlier, one of the hardest places to clean in the kitchen is the kitchen sink. If left uncleaned, the sink starts stinking and appears ugly too. To maintain the beauty of your well-equipped kitchen, ensure cleaning your kitchen sink regularly. The following tips aim to help you clean your dirty kitchen sink:
- Unclogging the Kitchen Sink: The most common problem faced by anyone who works in the kitchen is that of a clogged sink. Unclog the kitchen sink using a wet and dry vacuum that is easily available in the market. Place the vacuum cup over the drainage hole in the sink and apply pressure over it twice or thrice. It will instantly unclog the sink.
- Cleaning the Kitchen Sink Drain: Finding it hard to drain water from your kitchen sink? It’s time to go for the baking soda method. Boil a glass of water and add some dishwashing liquid. Now, pour this solution slowly into the kitchen drain. Throw two teaspoons of baking soda into the drain after pouring this solution. Allow it to sit there for about 10-15 minutes but until then, do not use your kitchen sink taps. Then, pour hot water and see everything going down the drain without any problem.
- Cleaning a Stainless-Steel Kitchen Sink: Most kitchens these days are fitted with stainless-steel kitchen sinks. To maintain the shine of this sink, you must clean it every day and remove the residues stuck in the corners. Try not to keep utensils with leftover food particles in the sink. These particles would be hard to remove from the sink and might stick to the surface upon drying.
These easy hacks can help you clean your dirty kitchen exhaust fan and sink in a jiffy! But if you’re unable to get the desired results, do not lose hope. Call experts from India’s leading hygiene company, HiCare. Their kitchen-cleaning service is a 3-step procedure. The first step includes cleaning the cabinets, cupboards, and kitchen tops. The second step is all about external wiping of electrical appliances. In the third step, the professionals will mop and scrub off the kitchen floors. Remember, you don’t just deserve tasty food prepared in your kitchen, but also a clean kitchen exhaust fan and sink.