Dangerous Indian Insects- Quick Facts
Due to its biodiversity, India has been a home to many kinds of insects, bugs, anthropods, etc. Though most of these insects are small, they can still cause major damage to us, as well as our health. These Dangerous Indian Insects have the ability to kill humans as well as animals due to the high amount of venom in their body. Sometimes, the most beautiful things which we come across could be the deadliest.Here are some of the deadliest harmful insects, we come across in India that live in our close vicinity.
Dangerous Indian Insects
Red Ant (Fire Ant)
- These tiny creatures have a very sharp sting and they sting at the slightest sight of danger. Their stings are supposed to be so painful, that the pain can last up to 5 days. They are found in some remote areas of Madhya Pradesh and Kerala.
- The red wasp, yellow wasp, black wasp as well as paper wasp are some of the deadliest insects in India. These harmful insects can sting more than once as they do not leave their stingers behind like the bees. You would not want to get on their bad side by going near their nests and aggravating this killer insect.
- These tiny reddish-brown creatures are known to cause a lot of woes as well as a lot of diseases. Among the most common Indian insects, they are found in almost every household across the globe. These nocturnal creatures are usually found in garages and kitchens, and they thrive on the leftover food that we leave. Even a dead cockroach can spread allergies!
- These are one of the most dangerous as well as deadliest insects known to mankind! The mosquito alone is responsible for 2,05,000 deaths annually on an average. Diseases like dengue, malaria, zika virus, west-Nile disease, yellow fever, chikungunya are spread by these tiny vicious creatures. Their bite causes more irritation than pain.
- The giant black Indian scorpion, as well as the Indian red scorpion, is one of the most dangerous insects that one can come across in India. The Indian red scorpion ranks among the most harmful insects species in the world, and it only stings as a last resort. Around 10-20 deaths each year happen because of scorpion bites.
- These small harmful insects are not easy to detect and hence they are known as a silent destroyers. Their main nutrition comes from feasting on wood and wooden articles like wooden floors, wallpapers, etc.
The Asian Giant Hornet
- This is a beast of a creature and among one of the deadliest winged insects found in India. This killer insect has a venom toxicity that is very high, due to 8 different types of toxins, so it can cause you a cardiac arrest if it stings you (which could be fatal given the level of toxicity) or even an anaphylactic shock.
- Four different types of honey bees are found in India. If you do not interfere in their work, these creatures are very calm, but if agitated they can attack you in a swarm (stinging continuously and all at the same time) which can even be fatal! This killer insect has a sting so powerful which can turn out to be fatal too but at the same time, it is a measure of self-defense .