About Bed Bugs :
- Approximately 30% of people don’t show a skin reaction to bed bug bites.
- During the night, a bed bug can complete feeding in 3-12 minutes
- After feeding, the bed bug returns to hide and digest the blood over several days.
- A hatchling bedbug can take about 2 months to grow into an adult.
- Female bed bugs can lay five eggs a day.
- In urban cities like Mumbai, the very lifestyle facilitates the ease of bed bug infestation in any home.
- They leave a very bad odour behind with the blood stains.
- And the most important of all, they sting you and your kids to suck your blood!
Where Bed Bugs Hide:
Bedbugs may enter your home undetected through luggage, clothing, used beds and couches, and other items. Their flattened bodies make it possible for them to fit into tiny spaces, about the width of a credit card making getting rid of bed bugs difficult. Bedbugs do not have nests like ants or bees, but tend to live in groups in hiding places. Their initial hiding places are typically in mattresses, box springs, bed frames, and headboards where they have easy access to people to bite in the night which makes it extremely crucial to have a bed bug solution in place or get a safe bed bug pest control service.
Over time, they may even scatter through the bedroom, moving into any crevice or protected location later on spreading to nearby rooms or apartments and hence knowledge on how to remove bed bugs goes a long way in securing your home.
When Bed Bugs Bite:
Bedbugs are active mainly at night and usually bite people while they are sleeping. They feed by piercing the skin and withdrawing blood through an elongated beak. The bugs feed from three to 10 minutes to become engorged and then crawl away unnoticed.