Manage Winter Pest Problems | HiCare Pest Control
Winter brings enough worry about home damage with wind, snow and frost. Following these tips will help reduce the likelihood of your home experiencing other seasonal problems due to pests. When winter pests are kept outdoors, your home becomes a healthier place to host holiday parties and spend time with family, and that is what the season should be all about. Getting a mosquito pest control or any pest control service for that matter really helps to combat the situation.
Whereas mosquitoes and bees were flying overhead in the summer, mice, cockroaches, and spiders could be crawling under foot during the winter. These pests are seeking shelter from the cold, and unfortunately our warm homes seem cozy to them too. It is important to take preventative measures to keep pests out because they can cause more hazards than just cobwebs in the corner. Rodents are known to carry diseases such as Salmonella and Hantavirus, certain spiders can bite, causing serious side effects, and cockroaches can be a trigger for asthma and allergies. In such cases, our safe space becomes a hazardous space to live in and a pest control service can come to our safety. Now, it depends upon the situation if it is cockroach pest control, mosquito pest control etc.
- - Seal cracks and holes on the outside of your home to help prevent rodents from getting inside. Be sure to check the areas where utilities and pipes enter the home. A mouse can fit through a hole the size of a dime.
- - Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- - Store firewood at least 20 feet from the home. Mice and ants can make their nests in wood piles and easily gain access to your home if the pile is nearby.
- - Rodents can hide in clutter, so keep storage areas well organized, and store boxes off of the floor.
- - Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains. Extra attention should be paid to kitchens and bathrooms as these areas are particularly vulnerable to cockroach infestations.
- - Install door sweeps and repair damaged screens in windows.
- - Screen vents to chimneys. Keep attics, basements and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
Frozen pipes and ice dams, downed trees and power lines when the sky darkens and the mercury dips, these are the problems that most homeowners dread. The truly wise, however, dread something else too. Like a beacon in the night, a warm home fully stocked with food is an irresistible draw for countless species of insects and rodents. Don't offer them an open invitation! True, mice and rats, cockroaches and spiders are notoriously relentless intruders, often capable of breaching even hairline cracks in the home exterior.
But with foresight and care, you can go a long way toward effectively barring unwanted houseguests. It's well worth the effort to do so. Indeed, the "ick" factor may be the least of your concerns. Household pests are capable of causing extensive, expensive damage.
Once they gain entry to your home, insects and rodents gnaw through wood, wires, and drywall, gradually but inevitably leaving no small amount of destruction in their wake. Even their nesting in dark, warm, often moist crevices typically results in rotten wood and mold growth, either or both of which undermine the integrity and longevity of your home.
There's one silver lining in all this. The measures you need to take to minimize the likelihood of an infestation are the very same measures you should take to maximize the energy efficiency of your home. That is, in one fell swoop, you can pest-proof your home and help lower your monthly utility bills. It all comes down to this: In a tightly sealed, properly protected home, warm air stays indoors while cold air and pests stay out.
One caveat is that even if you consider your home to be well defended against both drafts and pests, it may not remain that way throughout the long winter. The whipping winds, freezing rains, and falling snow that characterize winter storms create just the sort of vulnerabilities that pests capitalize on. Extreme weather puts chinks in the armor of your home in the form of the occasional blown-off shingle or a foundation crack caused by freeze-thaw cycles. If not repaired, these weak spots can lead to pest problems.
How can HiCare help you?
HiCare has been in the industry for 28 years and has served over 10 lakh homes and 30 lakh+ families. Some of our major features include:
- - Our chemicals are approved by CIB
- - We maintain a strong work ethic
- - We maintain a 24 X7 digital transparency
- - There are hassle-free bookings
- - Great value for money
- - Trained technicians
- - No hidden costs
- - Ace level of pest control service provided
We offer end to end deep cleaning services as well. To know more, you can visit our website or call 8828333888 and book 3X Mosquito Pest Control now.