About Wood Borer :
- Wood borers belong to the family of beetles whose larval or adult forms eat and destroy wood.
- They are commonly detected a few years after new construction.
- Wood Borers turn wood into a mass of wood dust.
- The tiny pin holes in a wooden surface is a symptom of wood borer attack.
- Wood borer infestations are far more likely to happen in areas with high humidity, such as poorly-ventilated crawl spaces.
How to Spot Woodborer infestation to combat :
They damage wood at the larval stage for food. Once they turn adults, they eat their way into the wood and leave back holes that damage your furniture over a long period of time.
If you spot any such holes in your wooden furniture, it is your first clue to a wood-borer infestation.
You will also see a lot of wooden frass (powder) that keeps falling through small holes in your wood. This is yet another sign of infestation.