About Wood Borer :
- Wood borers belong to the family of beetles whose larval or adult forms eat and destroy wood.
- They are commonly detected a few years after new construction.
- Wood Borers turn wood into a mass of wood dust.
- The tiny pin holes in a wooden surface is a symptom of wood borer attack.
- Wood borer infestations are far more likely to happen in areas with high humidity, such as poorly-ventilated crawl spaces.
How to Spot Woodborer infestation to combat :
Wood boring beetles harm wood at the larval stage for nourishment. When they turn adults, they eat their way into the wood and leave back gaps that harm your furniture over a long period of time and hence treating wood boring control at larval stage itself is of utmost importance.
In case you spot any such holes in your wooden furniture, it is your first clue to a wood-borer pervasion.
You will also see a lot of wooden frass (powder) that continues falling through little holes in your wood. This is yet another indication of infestation and that wood boring beetle treatment is the need of the hour.