As the initial symptoms of Dengue fever (dengue bukhar) are mild, doctors and hospitals often treat the symptoms with medicines like paracetamol. By the time the dengue symptoms (डेंगू के लक्षण) get severe, children, elderly and people with pre-existing ailments like asthma, heart problems, high blood pressure or diabetes are at very grave risk of death. Unfortunately, this is when tests are done. By which time complications may have arisen and the mortality rate rises rapidly.
Below are some alarming facts
- The World Health Organization has estimated around 50 million to 100 million infections a year, out of which over 18,700 dengue cases reported in India
- Of all the state and union territories, the maximum numbers of cases have been reported in Kerala with 9,104, followed by Tamil Nadu with 4,174 till 2 July 2017.
- According to the figures provided by the ministry, Karnataka has reported 1,945 cases, Gujarat 616, Andhra Pradesh 606 and West Bengal 469, among other states, till 2 July2017.
- In 2016 alone, close to 1.30 lakh cases and 245 Dengue related deaths were reported from across India, according to the National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme (NVBDCP).
Symptoms of Dengue
Many people, especially children and younger teenagers, may experience no signs or symptoms of dengue (डेंगू के लक्षण) during a mild case of dengue fever. Even when the symptoms do occur, they usually begin 4 to 10 days after you are bitten by a Dengue mosquito (dengue Machar). Since Dengue symptoms (dengue ke lakshan) are often mistaken for influenza or mild flu, one must carefully note the clear signs of mild dengue fever, which commonly include:
- One of the initial dengue Symptom (डेंगू बुखार के लक्षण) is fever, and it can go as high as 106 F (41 C)
- Another dengue symptom is severe headaches
- Muscle pain and joint pain as well as pain behind the eyes get ignored dengue symptoms.
- Getting nauseous and experiencing fatigue is also quite common.
- Dengue rash is also very frequent in case of a dengue casualty.
In some extreme cases of dengue, symptoms worsen and can be life-threatening. Blood vessels become damaged and leaky while in some rare cases it has been observed that the number of platelets (clot-forming cells) in your bloodstream drop. This can cause:
- Severe Bleeding from your nose and mouth
- Persistent vomiting
- Bleeding under the skin, which might look like bruising
- All these type of problems can cause severe impairment of liver, heart or other organs leading to death
Some patients have been observed to go into trauma with changes in mental state due to dengue
Is Dengue deadly
Half a million patients are hospitalized each year, but most people recover after five to seven days. Some develop dengue haemorrhagic fever after the initial fever declines — a more severe form of the illness that can cause organ damage, severe bleeding, dehydration and even death. But with early detection of dengue symptoms and proper treatment (डेंगू के लक्षण और उपचार), the mortality rate for all dengue fever is currently less than 1 of 100 people.
If the patients develop severe dengue, there will be bleeding spots on the skin and other parts of the body and leakage of blood plasma. Severe dengue fever can damage the lungs, liver or heart. Blood pressure can drop to dangerous levels, causing shock and in some cases death.
Call The Dengue Experts for KPB
These home remedies might be a good solution up to a certain extent but for better care of your family from symptoms of dengue, Hicare Anti Dengue Service is recommended. Kill Protect Block Technology is a three step Dengue mosquito control service that stops the mosquitoes from breeding in the first place while terminating the already present mosquitoes. Odorless and colorless, the Bayer Chemicals used are approved by Central Insecticide Board assures best results and safety for everyone including children, pets and people with allergy.
Know more about KPB